Change in name due to other reasons
CHANGE IN NAME BY OTHER REASONS
(APPLY AFTER 30 DAYS OF NEWSPAPER ADVERTä°SEMENT)
DETAILS & DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- Application form . All particulars other than name and signature in the application should tally with those in the present passport.
- 5 recent photos with white background and frontal view (50mm*50mm).
- Current Passport in original with photocopy (of first, last, address page if separate page, any other endorsement pages and visa page with additional booklets if any.
- Deed Poll/Sworn Affidavit, in the prescribed format, signed by applicant in the presence of Consular Officer for change of name.
- Paper cuttings, in original, of two leading daily newspapers, notifying the change of name. One daily newspaper should be of the area of applicant's permanent address in India and another daily newspaper of the area of applicant's present address.
- If the validity of the present passport expired more than 6 months ago, Sworn Affidavit for late submission, signed by applicant in the presence of Consular Officer.
- Personal Particulars Form (in Triplicate with pasted photos) in the case of passports issued by other PIAs (Passport Issuing Authorities).
- Presence of applicant while submitting application is compulsory to establish identity.
$77 (Normal- 36 pages)
$102 (Jumbo-60 pages)